Waterloo is comprised of three lakes, each built for a different purpose. Waterloo, Wellington, and the Junior Lake.
Our original Waterloo fishing lake has 37 well spaced pegs and is available for pleasure anglers and club match bookings. This picturesque lake has a variety of species including carp to 25lbs+, mirror, common and true crucian carp, as well as tench, chubb, and barbel.
Our Junior is a smaller 12 peg lake designed especially for juniors and beginners, aged 7 and above, it provides the perfect environment to learn to fish with good guidance . Fishing lessons can be also booked, please ask for details.
Wellington Lake was a purpose built match fishing lake, but has been converted into a private lake for our caravan residents.
With 15 extra large caravan pitches directly adjacent to the water's edge, it is perfect for those who wish to come and stay with us and enjoy a fishing holiday.
The feedback from those fishing on the lakes has been very positive and we have had bags of 100lbs plus being caught.
There is secure parking close to the lake, so it is never too far to go to get to your peg. But if you're enjoying yourself, why not book a weekend visit, with a range of accommodation options if you wish to turn your day into a stay.
Angler Rules at Waterloo Farm Leisure
- Anglers may fish from sunrise until sunset - our security lights are a good indicator.
- All day tickets must be purchased on arrival before commencing fishing, or as soon as the Tearoom is open.
- All anglers are permitted to use ONLY one rod. Anyone found fishing with multiple rods will be asked to leave the premises.
- Anglers aged between 12 and 14 years old must be accompanied by an experienced angler, at all times. Anglers under the age of 12 must use the Junior Lake, and be accompanied by an experienced angler.
- Barbless hooks must be used. All other hook types are NOT permitted.
- Pleasure anglers are not permitted to use keep nets - the 'catch and release' system is in operation.
- A landing net and unhooking mat must be used at all times.
- All soft hook carp pellets are permitted. Other baits also permitted are: corn, luncheonmeat, maggots, castors, cheese, worms, hemp, and bread.
- Permitted baits are not allowed to be floating on surface. This is for the safety of the fish and wildlife on the lakes.
- No large boilies, or cat and dog food are allowed.
- Anglers must only fish from their given peg. Use of another vacant peg is prohibited. Please do not move to different pegs throughout the day.
- Please keep our site clean - remove any leftover bait and rubbish from your peg and dispose of it in the refuse bins provided.
- There are toilet facilities provided for your use, please use them as this is a family friendly site.
- Dogs are not permitted with anglers on Waterloo Lake
Standard Adult Ticket (16 years - 65 years) - £7
Concession Ticket (65 years and over) - £5
Junior Ticket (12 years - 15 years) - £5
Afternoon Ticket (Available from 3pm - dusk) - £5
Expert angling tuition is available:
BOB WOODLEY ANGLING ACADEMY
FISHING TUITION/COACHING AT WATERLOO FARM LEISURE
MONDAY/TUESDAY 17TH AND 18TH AUGUST
MONDAY/TUESDAY 24TH AND 25TH AUGUST
SESSION TIME 10 UNTIL 3 PM
LUNCH AVAILABLE AT THE TEA ROOMS IF REQUIRED
ALL TACKLE AND BAIT PROVIDED
AGES 8 YEARS AND UPWARDS
LICENSED LEVEL TWO ANGLING COACH
For more information contact
Call today 01858 434098 to book or for more information